May 12 Update on Incentive Suspension
Funding is exhausted for all single-family projects in Pacific Gas and Electric territory and HP HVAC projects in Southern California Gas territory. Please note that SDG&E incentives have also been suspended since late April - more information in the SDG&E suspension article. In addition, due to the depletion of funds, we must end the contractor bonus incentives. Please note that separate BayREN and CCCE incentives were not effected by the TECH incentive suspension.
On May 6th, we created a reservation system (see this article for more context) and requested that program contractors create all sold jobs in the TECH online system for two purposes: 1) to reserve funds at the existing incentive levels for sold jobs and 2) to be able to run a budget spend prediction based on those sold jobs. You all did an amazing job creating all the jobs and we have reserved those funds. We had over $6 million in funds reserved in the past two days, $1 million reserved just this morning alone.
Now that we know the full extent of reserved funds and sold jobs, we will be suspending single-family incentives as defined below:
- PG&E territory is out of funds for both HP HVAC and HPWH.
- SoCal Gas territory is out of funds for HP HVAC, and there is $1,233,093 remaining for HPWH.
- Southwest Gas territory still has funds for both HVAC and HPWH.
- Any remaining jobs entered into the online system after the time of this email on May 12th, 5:22pm PDT, will be added to a waitlist, though at this time there are no guarantees that waitlisted projects will be funded.
- (5/17/22 UPDATE): Projects created in the online system by 5 PM on Friday, May 13th are considered reserved and will be funded.
- Budget will continue to be updated at energy-solution.com/tech.
We will work with contractors to let them know exactly which projects have been reserved as soon as we can.
Updated Status guide:
Submitted claims = funded, we're working on processing
*Created by May 13 = reserved
*Update: No further projects after May 13 will be funded.