To access NCI Trainings https://nationalcomfortinstitute.com/TECHCleanCA/
- Airflow Testing and Diagnostics, where attendees will learn to measure static pressure and estimate airflow on an existing furnace, the first step to assessing what will be needed for a successful heat pump retrofit. Airflow Testing and Diagnostics is a non-certification course. Successful completion of the course is a prerequisite to Refrigerant-Side Performance.
- Refrigerant-Side Performance will prepare contractors to consider the refrigerants within the system as they move from a furnace to a heat pump and will also teach contractors to verify refrigerant charge and refrigeration cycle performance for all types of systems including heat pumps. This course is a certification course, and students must pass an exam to achieve certification. Certification in Refrigerant-Side Performance is a prerequisite to Residential System Performance and Electrification.
- Residential System Performance and Electrification builds on the concepts taught in the previous two courses and teaches students to diagnose specific duct system deficiencies in existing furnace systems. This course covers duct renovations and repairs that will allow a replacement heat pump to function as intended. Students are taught to measure total system performance to verify performance of the heat pump system. In the final day of the course the complete picture of the path to electrification will be covered, putting the student in the position to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to retrofit existing furnaces with new high efficiency heat pumps for their customers. This is a certification course.
- This course is valued at over $800 per person, but offered at a rate of $50 per day per person!
- High-Performance HVAC Design and Redesign for Electrification builds on principles learned in other NCI courses and applies them to the residential system design or redesign processes. NCI uses industry-approved standards for load calculations, equipment selection, duct design, and grille and register selection. This course encourages students to accurately complete four stages of system design using NCI Principles and ACCA manuals J, S, D, and T with the Elite RHVAC software package or new and existing homes. (Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive load calculation software.)
- This course is valued at nearly $1300 per person, but offered at a rate of $50 per day per person!
All NCI classes are offered at a great discount of only $50 per day!
Additionally, NCI will offer field coaching to program participants who have attended at least one of NCI’s TECH initiative training contractor courses. Field coaches will work with contractors on a one-on-one or small group basis and be used to give job training and guidance to enhance contractors’ business models through performance-based contracting.
*NOTE: These trainings are not required to enroll in TECH Clean California for contractors but are highly encouraged.